I believe that Li will not be the main battery solution for...

1. 3,928 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    I believe that Li will not be the main battery solution for EVs.
    I have not looked nor will at the NIO ET7
    preferring ( like you) the inherent promise of European/US manufacturers.
    I wont be changing my two (fuel efficient and low mileage) diesels unless by way of changed circumstances.
    The Electric devices I own, including a solar array,
    Have not yet provided a ROI of substance.

Re plastics - bioplastics.. I was two decades ago involved in the reassessment of Industrial Hemp for all manner of goods for the modern world.

At the time a great consideration ( one of many) was given to the manufacture of internal passenger aircraft fitouts that would have saved cost per passenger mile in fuel because of decreased weight.
    Much more efficient aircraft design including jet engines has covered that with ease.

Hemp Bioplastics were gaining use in jurisdictions that allowed the cultivation and processing of hemp thereby providing avenues for profit making and petro -chemical replacement.
    These were limited in scope and nowhere near as far-reaching as Henry Ford's intended manufacture of the automobile body and combustion of hemp oil motorcar he intended to produce in the 1930s.
    The longevity of Bioplastics was a problem for mainly UV exposed products ( which I understand is still a major hurdle) and as replacements for foodstuff containment and packaging that appear not to have been developed in any volume.

I have not kept a close eye on developments since then and assume limited progress has been made because of a lack of ubiquity of such

In closing, whilst it us admirable that people like the idea of replacing fossil fuels, it is completely stupid to believe the world will operate without petro chemical products produced by the oil and gas industry for at least four decades IMO.
    The current Bowen like strategy and rush by Just Stop Oil type idiots is clueless garbage destined to create many problems before innovation fills in the gaps.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.