Accelerate the World's Transition to Sustainable Energy - to fight Anthropogenic Climate Change, page-558

1. 10,994 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1969
    Well, Zip, I know your a bit of a sceptic - in a measured way smile.png, so let me put it thus. First, yes I'm an old fart and have observed the phenomenon on the ground from the Himalayas to Oz - mainly in terms of how wildlife react to changing temperatures (short term weather and long term GW), which was my science specialty. While changing weather patterns are part of the equation it is but one part in the bigger story (nothing in isolation). I won't argue cause here, given the complexities, but I do believe the overwhelming science conclusions of those whom specialize in that field.
    Frankly, I don't concern myself if the cause of GW is an excess of emissions or goblin farts - instead I tend to simplify it by saying that one doesn't pump a zillion tons of sheet into the atmosphere over a short period of time (say 250 years) without it having an adverse effect, which is clearly evident. Furthermore, it is clearly evident that humans have done untold damage to the environment (land, sea and atmosphere) over said period, and it is incumbent upon us to urgently clean up our act - as it where. Even so, it is my belief that even if we changed our ways tomorrow it would take an equal number of years for nature to repair itself - hopefully, but not guaranteed. Nevertheless, given population growth, the elevated level of natural resource consumption and poor political leadership, I'm a tad pessimistic and see a dystopian future.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.