I see your point treefer as I understand your view is valid....

1. 42,705 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    I see your point treefer as I understand your view is valid. just different to mine. yes.

what Albanese did was in accordance with what the Uluru people asked for in their statement. so I don't put this on Albanese. whether it was "dumber", I don't know. he did under-estimate Dutton that much is certain. perhaps he has a desire to see the better angels in his Opposition leader. yes that was pretty naive. yet I think he had to try as he had promised to do his best. so maybe his decision was that stupid.

but from what I've heard of Albanese's pronouncements, I don't think he was using guilt at all..... he was asking, imo, for unbiased reasoning, and informed support; not guilty shame or any other emotional reactionary support.

his promised bipartisan, co-chaired working committee to develop the legislation invalidates the claim "to get a question over the line that could have been fulfilled by him alone"....... he truly wants this to succeed and wants genuine bipartisan support that will ensure the Voice will actually be listened to. in this is think you misunderstand.... but again, only imo.

as for "not listening" his words on Insiders yesterday outlined what he's already set in train in accordance with the best examples of functioning and productive practices currently in use around the country. it seems that he has listened and is acting accordingly to better develop end deliver projects that will improve effective services that have been shown to work. did you watch his interview?

thanks for this treefer.... you gave me pause to better understand your points mate.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.