Albo appoints another activist as GG., page-36

1. 81,834 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    disagree

if we want a different outcome to the scomo and gg debacle

then, we need to change the system

one cannot trust that one will have someone in future in a powerful position to do the 'right thing' when the rules allow for someone to ignore a situation or have to comply with a situation that's not right

one also has the problem of 'what is the 'right thing''?

it means different things to different people.

Aside from the base culture in Oz which has a lot of problems - the real problems in Oz are basically system

1. Federation
    2. this stupidity of still having the king or queen or reps having anything to do with Australia
    3. a constitution full of holes

Whilst I think that we needed to fix all of this stuff before being thrown head first into this ultra high speed changing technological era - and I know think that it's too late to save ourselves

the fact is - that the crappiness of the system still needs a total revamp

we are trying to run as a nation - when we cannot possibly get off the ground as a hobbling country ----------- it's clear that this ball on the chain of australia has been holding us back for decades ------- many many many decades

and it's not going to get any better

Some people have been saying all the while - if it ain't broke, don't fix it

well, it's been broken from day 1 - and if those who say such things cannot see that oz is badly broken - sold off all it's resource companies, can't house it's people, has an enormous wealth gap, has an economy built on rising house prices and is way overpriced etc etc -

then, they are truly blind

the question to any sane mind is not 'do we need a revamp and reset?' -

the question is 'how the hell would we do it?'

I have no answer bar one --------------- 'coup'. Then a new constitution and elections

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.