I don't believe that it was a system designed as you said -- I...

1. 81,161 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I don't believe that it was a system designed as you said --

I feel that democracy is a pretty good idea - worth a try

but, we stuck an election system in it - and, there IMO, lies a problem ---it is a character flaw of democracy as we use it - one which we do NOT need to have government by the people.

The election system in any political system - opens it up to all kinds of horrors - and I don't believe that any political system can be judged if it has an election system as one of it's bases.

For Australia - there are more problems ------- again, I don't think purposefully designed to fail the man in the street as you say -------------- I think it's just a tragic and spectacular lack of vision by people who we hold high as our 'founding fathers' -

many had good intentions - but, oh boy - were they short on looking forward

Federation - yes, a good idea ------------ in ONE way - why did we do that - we did that because it was clearly a bloody mess having separate states -

but federation wasn't a good idea ---------- it really was a band aid on a cancer - and all it did was to allow the cancer to continue

what IMO should have happened was that we should have all sat down and said - this isn't working - which, we did

but we should have had the guts to throw the baby and the bathwater out and start again - but, we did not

what we did - is what we do today still -------------- we overlay a shit system with - more shit

it's an atrocious waste of opportunity and a not too bad a block of dirt location wise
    Last edited by pintohoo: 25/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.