of course pharmaceutic companies sponsor a lot of conferences...

1. 54,669 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 999
    of course pharmaceutic companies sponsor a lot of conferences and hand out little pressies, eg, pens etc, to remind doctors of the new medications name. "kick backs" are a term for bribery corruption. there will always be some who seek financial gain. but this is not doctors in general.

I have a nephew who worked for a major multinational Pharma company and the kickback are substantial. Many years ago he asked me to look after four of his client doctors who had ''won'' a medical conference in Cairns for a week. The main topic at dinner was how each had won his trip and apart from putting me off my dinner - it also put me off pharmas.

''hand out little pressies''!!!! that's an understatement!

Doctors Prescribe More of a Drug If They Receive Money from a Pharma Company Tied to It

Pharmaceutical companies have paid doctors billions of dollars for consulting, promotional talks, meals and more. A new ProPublica analysis finds doctors who received payments linked to specific drugs prescribed more of those drugs.

https://www.propublica.org/article/...ound that, on average,among those who did not.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.