DRO 0.52% 95.5¢ droneshield limited

They have such a big cash balance because they had a CR raising...

1. 675 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    They have such a big cash balance because they had a CR raising of about $40 early last year and have been paid in advance for some of their products. The cash balance is also due to them most likely being cash flow positive this quarter, they have flagged the cash in recent announcements but it won't appear in their accounts until the next 4C Quarterly report which comes out at the end of the month.

The best way of understanding any company that is new to you is to go back and read the announcements and media interviews for the last 2-3 years. It is really important to do that as it will give you an idea of whether the company actually achieves what is says it will and how it treats shareholders. HotCopper is also quite good as you will often see comments from disgruntled shareholders if a company has let them down.

From my perspective, DRO has a fantastic sales trajectory and likely to soon be profitable, but management keeps destroying shareholder value through unnecessary capital raisings and massive payments to insiders (see next weeks EGM).

These things make DRO pretty finely balanced and for this reason, I have mostly had DRO as a hold, though I currently have it listed as a sell because I believe if the EGM is successful in issuing insiders with millions of shares, that will destroy confidence in the company and make it uninvestable because insiders have a long history of having their hands in the till and it would imply a shareholder base that is unwilling to stop them. If it gets knocked on the head, it becomes a hold again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $691.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
96.0¢ 97.0¢ 93.5¢ $3.403M 3.565M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 270688 95.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
96.0¢ 359449 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.00pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
96.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.96 %)
Open High Low Volume
96.0¢ 97.0¢ 94.0¢ 1439358
Last updated 15.19pm 28/05/2024 ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.