CYM 2.86% 3.6¢ cyprium metals limited

Last year I thought the chart was showing that copper could...

1. 5,622 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1733
    Last year I thought the chart was showing that copper could break in either direction in the short term and I was warning of potential downside risk for the price of copper. In fact, a couple of weeks ago copper made an all time high if you price the copper futures chart in AUD. While the USA keeps running 6% GDP deficits and the treasury keeps issuing bonds and the fed has to keep priming financial markets with liquidity so it all gets soaked up, the money is going to end up in hard assets and stocks. Great for speculative investors. Dreadful for the productivity of the USA and people living on main street. A run-away debt and pumping your economy through 6% deficit spending to only achieve 2% GDP growth and crowding small enterprise out of the economy through higher for longer inflation and interest rates.

As I look back at things, what a goose Barry was to recklessly spend as if the money was in the bag. Hiring apprentices. Upgrading shower cubicles. Upgrading from 3G to 4G. Showing us photos of pregnant liquid sitting in ponds. During COVID too, when perhaps we could have hunkered down for a while and waited for the world to return to normal. Do you remember an employee posted here saying how great conditions were on site? The food was great, etc. I wonder what the bare minimum capital cost would have been to just get the SX-EW refurbished to process the liquid that could be processed immediately.

I haven't bought any shares during or after the restructure to average down my cost base so I am not confident I will get back my sunk investment of 12c per share if we get taken over before nifty restarts full operations. That said, solving the debt and convertible note issue without dilution would be an amazing game changer. Let's see what the plan is.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6143/6143389-0d7b2a09048966c0e066706cb51ded26.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
0.001(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $54.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.8¢ 3.4¢ $389.5K 10.68M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 270705 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.8¢ 1004008 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.6¢
  Change
0.001 ( 2.86 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.5¢ 3.8¢ 3.5¢ 4550891
Last updated 15.58pm 17/05/2024 ?
CYM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.