nope I have no opinion on the GBR -- I think reefs are a complex...

1. 81,113 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    nope

I have no opinion on the GBR -- I think reefs are a complex part of nature and my 'concerns' are far more with the potential of a planetary response to global climate changes that are happening

so, to me - the reef might be signalling something - and it could be to warmer water -

the point to me is that the water is warmer - that seems to be a given. And that if that continues - then the GBR is the least of humanities concerns - it's a tree in a forest - which we get all confused at looking at.

Anything at all to do with the reef to me - would be a sign - in a huge cluster of signs

Just like looking at a human body - if we see a sign ---------- yes, it's an issue in it's own right as far as if symptoms need relief ----- but, mostly - it's import is that it's part of a cluster of signs that we use to get a diagnosis

and once we have a diagnosis - then, we need an understanding of the disease progression -

and bingo - if we look at the disease progression of rapid climate change and that is driven by a warming planet -

then, believe me - the single issue of the GBR - pales into insignificance in the story - meaning, that the shit is about to get real.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.