well, it's in a way where I live - because way back even before...

1. 81,010 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    well, it's in a way where I live - because way back even before the Romans took their wine north on the river - whilst the soldiers marched on land several kilometres away - humans moved on the edge of the waterways

when I got to Paris - where I was going to force myself to live for 9 months planned (I don't like cities, but I decided to force myself for Paris because of it's reputation) -- but, I disliked Paris so much that I decided on 'somewhere else' - and it had to be on a waterway and it had to have certain facilities.

I lucked in bigtime when I found where I am - and that only happened because the place was just big enough to have what I needed and the pictures on google maps were stunning - a magnificent medieval city.
    So, I cruised to it and stopped - as had many many traders before me and many people who spread out and made farms, food places, vineyards and wineries etc -

so yes - in answer to what really was your question - is that how come I live (now) near a waterway --

and it's also a yes where I also will be living - on the coast. Again where there's been thousands of years of history of living.

Humans live near water ----- it seems to only be a surprise to those who aren't capable of much thought

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.