@wotsup Happy Easter to you, too.I see Easter differently; was...

1. 17,853 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @wotsup Happy Easter to you, too.
    I see Easter differently; was brought up religious, or rather, I did attend church fairly regularly and liked the romance of it all (for all the wrong reasons according to the Protestant creeds and their offshoots, I know).
    It still affects me, even though I am now almost a heathen - I now believe, IF there is a g.d. he/she/it will manifest itself to me, very personally, at the right moment - as far as I am concerned, he/she/it so far - has missed the right moments (premature death of two beloved people for no reason whatsoever .. )

I believe we have woven ourselves (you would say with the help of God) a story-line, which has given us a symbolic, once only, human sacrifice to our G.d. for all our collective sins, in the violent death of Jesus Christ. He became the sacrificial - once only - sacrificial lamb to our lord and overmaster, delivering us all from choosing a scapegoat on a regular basis, (because we continue to live in ignominy and full of violent instincts and need deliverance).
    All nations, tribes going back into antiquity (including our Aboriginal people), have had the ritual of the scapegoat - who is sacrificed for the good of all.
    The words of Jesus, as delivered to us by word of mouth, no doubt by subliminal poetic telling by one or more inspired humans, are still very moving - and I celebrate Easter in remembrance of him, but believe I am responsible for my sins, and I have to bear the consequences in this life - and if there is a next life, in the next also, which makes me try harder in this life.

, , , and I love all the heathen practices re the Easter Bunny and painted Easter Eggs, used to do this with my kids for years . . no longer, will just put up some decorations, have a clean house and bake a cake for Sunday for visitors.

Happy Easter all
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.