@Joannie, JoJo - I have spent the rest of today somewhat sad -...

1. 17,990 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    @Joannie, JoJo - I have spent the rest of today somewhat sad - (not depressed, I won't allow myself that 'luxury' anymore) - but it had a good outcome, as I became introspective and:

. . . . for a few days now I have tried to remember the title of a book I read many years ago by a certain Dr Manfred Clynes, who wrote about emotional states, the relationship to music and art and what was art based on etc. He had also invented a simple device, on which you could 'play your emotions' and find relief very much like a good therapist would provide. I remember going as far as wishing to buy it for my Mum, who was having troubles later in life and I wrote a letter to him at Sydney University in 1982, his answer letter I glued into the book.
    I could not find the book on my various book shelves - and I couldn't even remember the title. About an hour ago, I basically just looked over into my boring 'work' bookshelf and there it was, waiting for me - and it is a treasure indeed.
    When I have digested it - again - I'll let you know. He invented so many things, was an all-round genius. Born in Vienna in 1925, of Jewish parents, but they migrated to Australia before Hitler came into power, so he made his first experiments in Australia, but finished up in the U.S. and died there in 2020, aged 94!
    It is indeed a wonderful book ("Sentics - The Touch of Emotions" (A revolution in understanding how we experience and communicate emotion) by Dr Manfred Clynes) - and I need to read it again and will have a good chat with my new musical friends, maybe @NoBoDe, too - who is also musical. (on Amazon.com the book costs hundreds of dollars!) -
    and maybe @Sweetsound could be interested, too smile.png
    It is ground-breaking stuff, but somehow there is no representation on U-Tube. So maybe there is a possibility here for someone . . .
    From the moment I had a piano in the house (my dead cousins, who didn't return from 'the war') I 'played' my emotions on the piano - I had an easy teenage, because if sad (or happy!), I just sat down and played a few pages of noisy Beethoven or made-up 'stuff' and I was happy again - so there is something in this.
    Your liking for certain music and musicians is definitely a hint of what you find 'healing' - - - as is the case for many people.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.