MEU 2.33% 4.4¢ marmota limited

Here is a couple question for interest sake;With exploiting...

1. 613 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Here is a couple question for interest sake;

With exploiting Uranium by in situ leaching, do they have to prove the wells like with oil? I read that they have to determine the permeability of the parent rock but it was a bit lite on as to how they do this. Do they drill test wells to do flow testing (or the equivalent for getting fluid from one side to the other)? And if the communication isn't what they hoped it would be can they stimulate the well to improve it?

I am also guessing that the red tape for this type of mining is fairly arduous given the potential to damage the ground water table, which in this case is much closer to the surface than with O&G, so more likely to be close to or the same water table that farmers are using. I read that the wells are periodically pressure tested to ensure that there is no possible leaking to the aquifer. Does this imply that the wells are cased and perforated like CSG wells? If so, then it would seem that there would be a lot of experienced companies that can drill and complete some wells relatively cheaply.

I have never heard of this type of production before and am curious.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.4¢
Change
0.001(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $46.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.4¢ 4.1¢ $25.63K 597.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 227000 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.4¢ 335521 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.4¢
  Change
0.001 ( 2.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.4¢ 4.4¢ 4.2¢ 382736
Last updated 15.04pm 09/05/2024 ?
MEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.