Harvey Weinstein's 2020 conviction for sexual assault and rape overturned

1. 14,230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    I have no interest in Weinstein, his guilt or otherwise. What I find interesting is the judicial misconduct.

In a 4-3 decision, the New York Court of Appeals said the trial judge made a mistake by letting women testify that Weinstein assaulted them, even though their accusations were not part of the charges he faced."The remedy for these egregious errors is a new trial," Judge Jenny Rivera wrote for the majority.

That was from SBS who made no mention of the prosecutor, so I went to Breitbart which is not so shy:

At this point, Manhattan’s district attorney, Trump persecutor Alvin L. Bragg, can choose to retry Weinstein or give up and ship the infamous, Oscar-winning producer to California.
    This whole fiasco strikes me as a classic case of framing a guilty man. It is beyond outrageous that the prosecutor was allowed to parade a series of women before the jury to make unproven claims of sexual misconduct against Weinstein. That goes beyond prejudicial and directly to rigging a trial.

Did he just say that Bragg, who is prosecuting Trump, is overzealous?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.