@bellcurveyou said.... "pretty stupid i'd reckon given the...

1. 15,300 Posts.
    @bellcurve

you said....

"pretty stupid i'd reckon given the inability of deniers to acknowledge the power of a trace gas in the atmosphere - CO2." Bell you are not capable of even explaining how it is claimed that additional CO2 will heat the atmosphere at the surface. Why pretend to be knowledgabe when you do not understand what it is you are posting.

And then this - "maybe it's because they can't actually see or feel CO2 that allows their blinkered view. Out of sight, out of mind sort of idiocy." But low IQ midwits put up pictures of water vapour all the time claiming it is CO2. You have no idea what it is you even oppose.

oops. Well Collipop did make a error "on another thread, and lifted from the denier diversion 101 songbook, smarty pants collipop reckons "200000 years ago it was hotter." As if collipop could possibly know. " It actually was in the 1940s and many multiple times in throughout the last 10,000 years.

Meanwhile, during the day water vapour cools the surface and removes heat.
    At night the thermal mass can prevent convection.

You guys are pretending water vapor is everything. Back radiation from water vapor is a miniscule part of our climate. It DOES not do what you claim as it is a FACT that it cools the dayside of the planet. That is a FACT even kids see.
    Temperature inversion is the biggest impediment to convection at night thus putting a lid on it.

I live in the nice balmy conditions of the top end. Warm seabreezes at night with all that energy rich water vapour makes life hell.
    That is NOT the back radiation effect Bellcurve. It is a ENDLESS supply of thermal mass that is having problems convecting due to warmer air above thus creating the inversion layer.

Too much for you I know.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.