I agree with Nampijinpa Price, page-167

1. 42,301 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    I think its always a good thing to identify areas of agreement bacci.

on the appalling living conditions in remote communities, I think it worth mentioning that these people had never had to deal with rubbish until a hundred years ago. for a culture with 60,000 years of historical habits and oral traditions and a great expanse of space/place in their world adaptation comes slower than for we who've had change at such a rapid rate.

this isn't an excuse however, I too imagine that each individual has a responsibility to care for their immediate environment and possessions. but then we ned to remember that possessions are an alien concept in the tribal culture. as such it doesn't excuse but does posit an explanation.

really its not possible for us to say what is part of their culture as we've never lived it. so nomadic movements have been reduced due to Govts locking these people into an altered existence and that lock was enabled from the earliest contact with white people to include grog.

we all know what a bad drinker lives like. regardless of skin colour, neglect of normal living activities is a marker for any drug of addiction.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.