Of course Netanyahu is not representative of Jews but sadly the...

1. 17,550 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    Of course Netanyahu is not representative of Jews but sadly the right wing voters in Israel gave him power and here the tragedy starts.

And while I agree that the US support for Israel has contributed significantly to the ongoing conflict I clearly have a different view of what the outcome would have been had that support not been forthcoming.

Whether we like it or not the world imposed an Israeli state into the region and the Palestinians /arabs rejected a two state solution. Their solution was the non existence of Israel.

the world in 1947 and 1948 was very different and what we are seeing played out is unintended consequences. Territory was carved up and nations created or absorbed by others. Jostling for power, creating blocs, guilt, winners and losers and prejudice all played their part

once the UN had created this I don’t see how they could have not supported the decision. To do otherwise would have created a mockery of the UN as a useful international agency designed to help keep global conflict under some sort of control

we can argue about its usefulness or effectiveness but it’s currently all we have

So in all of this mess and horror what outcomes might we see?

a rising tide of antisemitism because some people can’t separate belief systems practiced the world over, a nation of people and it’s current political leaders?

The complete destruction of Israel and displacement of Jews and Christians and probably Palestinians who currently live there (they are seen as collaborators by Hamas) ?

a complete shift in the way extremist and fundamentalist muslims behave around the world ( I don’t know exactly how but it will change and I suspect it will be problematic)?

Ongoing instability in the middle east with Iran and Egypt torn between their loyalties and good sense?

voting in trump because of his support (well in my view fake support and he is likely to remain silent on this if he can till he knows which way the land lies) ?

there are unintended consequences to everything we do and you can be sure that those we see from this conflict will not be pretty and likely no prettier than current events - maybe worse

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.