I've followed Tindo's development for over a decade. they're a...

1. 41,459 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642

I've followed Tindo's development for over a decade. they're a competitive with other tier one panels. certainly they may completely automate.... what sensible profit focused business wouldn't do so if they had the funds to transition. no doubt they'll also increase their R&D budget via an agreement with a suitable university, eg. UNSW which has been developing solar panels for 50 years.

East Coast? maybe the electricity will be cheaper than SA. I can't see why they would move 1500km across from SA for any other reason. cheaper land, greater State govt supports, less fossil fuel involvement in electricity production......

better to use cheaper SA land to build a full scale PVA with storage imo. and this way they'd keep their experienced workforce too.

but hey....

Tindo has a factory with a 150MW production capacity in Adelaide, where it has used Australian innovation to make panels to withstand Australia’s harsh environment and they have been shown to be best-performing in the market through testing at the Desert Knowledge Australia Solar Centre.

Announced in January, Tindo is planning a $100m gigafactory to be built on the East Coast of Australia. The project would significantly increase Tindo’s production capacity, with the new facility capable of producing 1GW of high-quality solar panels each year.

https://tindosolar.com.au/news/tindo-welcomes-solar-sunshot-as-catalyst-for-australian-renewables-manufacturing-industry/

note Tindo is not ASX listed (damn!)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.