https://x.com/persianjewess/status/1743328757208007102 "In 1979...

1. 5,725 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 400
    https://x.com/persianjewess/status/1743328757208007102

"In 1979 my parents fled #Iran because they were #Jewish. Fled, not immigrated. They left behind all of their belongings. A handful of pictures, clothes and some small trinkets that could fit in a suitcase was all they took. As my mother said goodbye to her family, she couldn’t stop crying. She was convinced this was the last time she would ever see her parents and siblings again. Once they arrived in #USA, their circumstances continued to deteriorate. The value of the rial plummeted, and with it their meager savings were wiped out. What was once an exchange rate of 71 Iranian Rials to 1 US Dollar, became 9,430 Rials to 1 US Dollar. My father, a college-educated pharmacist, couldn’t access his school records so he had to forfeit his degree and find work as a store clerk. Neither of them knew English, nor could they afford to take classes, so they would sit together with a Farsi-English dictionary and painstakingly translate the words they heard on TV to try to teach themselves a new language. I learned English in preschool, not at home. At night my mother would practice my older brother’s kindergarten homework to teach herself reading, writing and spelling. We scraped and saved throughout my entire childhood as my parents struggled to rebuild their lives in America. Yet, according to #DEI, because I am Jewish I am “white.” Because I am Jewish, I am “privileged.” And because I am Jewish, I am an “oppressor.” But a Muslim-Iranian family, with the same exact experience or even a better experience as my family, would be considered “brown”, “oppressed” and “not-privileged.”
    @mcuban
    diversity, inclusion and equality are noble concepts, but as applied by #DEI they are distorted into a form of reverse racism where discrimination on the basis of race is still permitted, and labels of “race” are applied with no regard to the unique backgrounds and experiences people have. #DEI is nothing more than a manipulation of words to promote divisions and exclusions within our society that have no basis in reality, facts or circumstances. And it is this same #DEI mindset that fuels students to blindly support #HamasRapists on the FALSE premise that they are “brown” and “oppressed” while simultaneously justifying the rape and slaughter of Jewish people like myself whose families have fled religious persecution and radical Islam."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.