FBR 0.00% 2.5¢ fbr ltd

you’ve made some good points on cost saving, but the savings...

1. 556 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 167
    you’ve made some good points on cost saving, but the savings will get used elsewhere.
    1) yes the hx can work 24/7, but it also needs 2-3 ppl on site running it, those ppl can get sick, etc etc.
    2) builder supplying sand and cement, Ive red on here the first course needs to be laid manually to get perfectly level, they will use mud for this so will need some sand/cement, I’ve also red for a few extra hundred $$ they get the slab perfect. There goes some savings. And what grano worker will do it for a few extra hundred when they can do normal jobs and probably have 10-20mm tolerance, and get the job done twice as quick.
    3) no doesn’t need to supply scaffolding to plate height, but I have seen they have temp fencing around the whole site, which is an extra cost. If it’s a 2 story house they’ll still need scaffolding.
    4) no site clean needed, but they do need a clear site next door to store the bricks or a truck parked on the rd with the bricks on, depending where the build is may need traffic management. They’ll also need a forklift with every hx to feed the bricks.
    5) wall chasing all good until a hole isn’t lined and can’t get cable down. Iam not 100% sure but they look like concrete blocks so when it comes to cutting out the gpo etc will be a lot harder than a clay brick, which will take more time.
    6) f* ups, u telling me this thing will never f up. What happens when they lay a brick and little bits of brick fall onto the brick below, pretty sure this has been happening already then they have to manually go along and rectify it. I do recall someone on here ages ago said with one of there first builds they manually turned every brick upside and would shake it so all the littles bits fell out.
    7) quantity hopefully not an issue. Iam sure they’ll still order extra bricks, they will get broken ones in the pallets.
    8) accidents reduced, maybe maybe not, don’t they have someone climbing up and down a ladder constantly grinding out grooves to put wall ties in.
    9) waste yes should be way less.
    10) site theft reduced but temp fence all round site.
    11) supervisor, not sure on that one.
    12) windows and doors are fitted afterwards, that will be an extra cost to builder as normally a bricklayer will brick these in as they go, save time on bricklaying but then extra time added to fit doors and windows.
    13) truss roofs are ordered off the plan already no different.
    So outta all that I don’t think there’s a huge saving in money, time yes maybe a week or 2 saved in time. If it was a big saving in cost why weren’t more builders in Perth getting on board, it was a struggle to get contracts. They were contacting builders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $111.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.5¢ 2.5¢ $17.13K 685.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 5154104 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 2207560 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 11/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 4.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.5¢ 2.5¢ 2.4¢ 450578
Last updated 15.15pm 11/06/2024 ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.