''Is it time to nationalize Australia'' Yep but if one can wave...

1. 81,483 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''Is it time to nationalize Australia''

Yep

but if one can wave a magic wand - this is how I'd do it

coup
    ditch federation, ditch states
    create new republic - new constitution - govern by location. All Aussies the same. Ban all reference to what we call race, religion, gender etc.

as to nationalisation - yes ------------- but, it doesn't have to be totally brutal - so

1. right now - do NOT support the nickel industry ------- instead, take the mining leases away IF they do not mine and do not pay royalties. OR, offer aid to survive - BUT, take a whopper portion of ownership with no liability as the price - if they don't like it - they can leave (if you get part ownership - use the proceeds when the industry comes good - to buy a larger percentage)

2. Raise ++++++ the royalties on the resources that you have a captive market for - gas, high grade coal, high grade iron ore -------

as that massive royalty flow comes in ----------- BUY into the companies - meaning, you buy back the farm.

Now because you have a new republic AND you govern by location - you put in large national investment schemes -

like permanent global nuclear waste rental storage - long term - paid up front for a minimum time and with a large bond and guarantees that if you stop paying the rent - you get your stuff back or one hell of a bill.

then of course - we need to discuss what to do with the wealth generated - different issue. (but, what IMO we do for that is first - have a priority list - and my priority list would have football stadiums way below having a housed and fed population)

not communist ----------- more like capitalist - just doing business

play hard ------------ go hard or go home
    Last edited by pintohoo: 30/03/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.