@yotta 10 - Last one a bit unpleasant on the ear, but remember...

1. 17,851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @yotta 10 - Last one a bit unpleasant on the ear, but remember being amused at the strange names in W.A. until many years later I went into the back country of N.S.W. - reallllly unusual names there too - seems to be an Australian speciality, except for one small village in Austria, which regularly has had to replace its name on a signpost on the outskirts of a small village of about 100 residents was regularly stolen

https://www.cntraveller.in/story/f*ing-in-austria-village-name-change-2021/

A-propos rude names; I remember my husband seeing a 'beautiful [and cheap] house in Innaloo, (Perth, Western Australia)' and wanting to purchase it. He was confused when I reaceted with; "Nooo way am I going to live in a place called 'Innaloo'!" he didn't get it, until I spelt it out. I am amazed the residents of Innaloo are still bearing up, but many are probably renters . . . .

We finished up living in Double View, silly name, too - but we did have an ocean view for a long time - no longer - so many blocks in the entire suburbs around Scarborough etc. are subdivided to the umpteenth degree - lots of traffic there now too - I no longer live there.
    Happy Easter all
    Tau
    ❤️

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.