I often wonder about the security people in the supermarkets and...

1. 81,799 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I often wonder about the security people in the supermarkets and malls where I am

there's some that have several, there's others that have one, others that have what appear to be none visible

the one where the biggest presence is - has cameras, several security people - one or two that you see on occasion who 'might' be able to handle themselves - but, there are also several young weedy looking kids among them

no weapons visible (no guns of course - but, nothing else either) - I've never seen any weapon or device bar comms on any security staff in shopping places here.

I wonder what they are really there for - my guess is shoplifting. I grabbed a couple of young blokes who robbed a very old doddery lady one day - got her purse back and they hightailed it - well, dealing with the security after was the mess - they told me that the cameras would pick up the incident and that was the last I heard of it. I wrote a report - because I thought that the police might call and want a statement, so I wrote it for myself as soon as I got home - I heard nothing. I couldn't get through to the old girl to come go to security and report it. (her English was as good as my french and she was in shock and only wanted to get out of there and go home)

On the Sydney case - what I noticed were reports that this guy had been at the shopping centre - then he left and came back with the knife and attacked -----

I wonder about that - did something happen to him in a shop and there was some trouble - and he got pissed off and went wherever and got the knife?????

If so - one thing I believe that should be absolutely a rule in shopping malls or anywhere that there is security - and that is if there is ANY incident where there is aggression - or if staff even THINK that someone has been upset by some transaction or incident -- that they MUST report it to security immediately -----

why do I think that?

I think that because time and time again - we hear of a fight or some incident in a business - a bar, or a shop or restaurant and there's an argument or incident with aggression and upset ----

that one of the people goes away ---------- and then comes back and creates havoc - with a knife or a gun or a car - or whatever -

there are oodles of examples of it -

so, to me - it's a given that any such incidents should put security on alert for the next minutes, hours and next day ----------- whilst the anger is still red hot
    Last edited by pintohoo: 14/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.