Haha by rights I actually should be a Labor stalwart, coming...

1. 241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Haha by rights I actually should be a Labor stalwart, coming from a long history of party members dating right back to the founders at the tree of knowledge, but Labor of today is indistinguishable from Chiefly's light on the hill speech. I'm quite over the crony capitalism and short-termism shown by both major parties these days, you only get a seat at the table with deep pockets, and federally I think we have to rely on those few like David Pocock to hold them to account.

Being in heavy industry in regional Qld, energy policy is the #1 concern of mine, and we need to both manage the closure of coal mines and power stations and redeploy those skilled workers to other parts of the economy, while ensuring we transition our industries like aluminium to green assets so they can compete in the future.

Labor dragged the chain on the transition but we're finally moving, I'm deeply concerned that the LNP are just too ideologically opposed to transitioning and just frankly aren't up to the task. If they had a few shining lights like Matt Kean it might not be so bad, but Pat Weir as shadow energy minister is a ghost and Frecklington is completely nutso, the talent pool is as deep as a puddle.

I just spent a week at a sustainable refining conference and industry are desperate to put the infighting to bed so they can get on with it, and I just don't think the adults are in the room politically (yes it's not lost on me that half of the problem was industry pushing back on Rudd's policies in the first place lol).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.