McKim and Contempt., page-10

1. 81,875 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''So , in general my leftist party would have as its aims , and this list is not exhaustive,
    1. taxation at the oecd average
    2. ideally , taxation of capital and income from capital , not taxed preferentially over income from labour.
    3. universal basic income
    4 . public owned housing at between 10 to 15%
    5. publicly owned major utilities, power ,water ,transport[roads and mass transit], basic communications.
    [ if there is any argument over public vs private ownership , I suggest you look at Thames water vs the WA Water Authority]
    6. education secular
    7. a recognition that capitalism is necessary , but it needs to be regulated carefully to avoid excesses.
    8. on the environment , for everyone's comfort and future care need to be taken with our world.
    But the reason we are doing it is for the sake of humans.''

I would have thought that the first thing Australia needs and needed and has not had ----------- is a goal.

A direction - a 'where are we going - or where do we want to go"?

without that - we're going nowhere

Each one of your points requires an entire discussion by itself IMO

and on
    ''3. universal basic income''

I find a huge problem -------- that term has just got a life of it's own -

and seems to be accepted as an idea -------------------- yet, for the future ---------

a UBI is a disaster for certain when there is a large percentage of humans who won't have paid employment

why? ------------- because society cannot possibly exist in any way like it is ----------- with a 'universal BASIC income'

if it's 'basic' - then every purchase that is done now with discretionary spending is kaput -

now - that means - no restaurants, no travel, no clothes spending, no consumerism as we know it, no entertainment - no nuttin ------------- just very basic shelter and very basic food

and that compared to what we do atm --------------- is a total disaster

and UBI - is only one point in your list

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.