You are too fixated on your pre suppositions.I attended public...

1. 3,770 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    You are too fixated on your pre suppositions.
    I attended public schooling for a longer period than private.
    I attended free university as well and paid my own
    way with Post Grad studies.

My comments come from experiential connection as well as married to a teacher, having an in law teacher retired and of course extended connections with school principals and teaching staff at primary secondary and tertiary institutions- making me well qualified to comment
    upon your generalisation.
    One of my children finished her secondary education at a private school (of her own volition) and other family members have placed their children in to private ed.
    Neither of my children were forced and neither my wife nor I wished a boarding school experience on anyone.
    Many of us have clear evidence of the benefits of such hybrid education and its benefits on the nation
    -societally and fiscally.
    The envy argument against private education is founded on just that ..., envy, emboldened by ideological hatred for opposing views of a privileged position.

You should take your own advice and not 'merely dismiss my argument' by founding it on a lack of your own background in the matter.
    Interesting just how much you arced up when accused of 'reverse snobbery'.
    Do you understand the offense experienced by those of us lucky enough to have had a taste of variety and be categorised the way you refer to the private school system?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.