"arced up" is a pretty long bow Joh.... "reverse snobbery" is an...

1. 42,250 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "arced up" is a pretty long bow Joh.... "reverse snobbery" is an accusation of pure subconscious emotional rejection based on a supposed inferiority.

so you accuse me of irrational emotional argument instead of reasoning.

now we have been discussing funding, not whether or not it is right to have private schools. should private schools, and by extrusion, private hospitals, be subsidised/ paid for by Govt.

private schools chose to establish a system to cater to the wealthy, to provide for something the wealthy were willing to pay more for and the "snobbery" of elitism. it started with the Franciscan Catholics wanting to take the lead in providing education when no other forms of education were available. they also saw the schools as a means of attracting new members of their priesthood (proselytising). eventually it become a norm that the first born son would be devoted to the church regardless of personal belief or wishes for their own future occupation in a time when the wealthy had no need to have an occupation.

now it is markedly different of course, yet the underlying cause of placing kids in private schools remains remarkably similar. parents who want their kids educated in the religion, even to the point of rejecting science in some cases, and to provide a future with networking advantages.

your description of your life and experience doesn't address these important points.

"You should take your own advice and not 'merely dismiss my argument' by founding it on a lack of your own background in the matter." and just maybe you might re-read my post above to note that I asked you of your opposing argument. no rejection in that Joh.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.