No one subsidises private cars. Can we stop funding private schools?, page-108

1. 42,945 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "Your post snacks of reverse snobbery". ......... thats a helluva lot to read into a little post. but fair enough, it's your perception.

now perhaps you can put forward your reasoning for such a conclusion Joh..... a rebuttal without reasoning doesn't damage or degrade my post.

when HSC (whatever its called today) results show little difference between private and public education results, when dysfunctional and antisocial behaviours are equally problematic in both systems, when drug use and illegal driving infringements are similar..... you know that there really is little difference.

so what is the real benefit obtained from private schooling? you are in possession of an experience that can tell us your view, but you have no real experience of public schooling in order to compare. neither do I, but the research results, educational achievement and behavioural results show little difference - the only real difference is the entree to the private school clubs for positions in business - there must be some other reason why parents would pay thousands to send their kids to private schools.

its not snobbery.... thats merely your excuse for dismissing my arguments. but be aware of the snob dynamic when arguing back to me. I'd hate for you to commit the offence you accuse me of.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.