Hi wotsup.First of all I want to say how pleasant it has been to...

1. 4,052 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Hi wotsup.

First of all I want to say how pleasant it has been to explore these themes with you. Thankyou for the posts. I have learnt a lot!

"This is what I'm seeing, a body was formed with all it's parts, it received the breath of life (spirit) and came alive and THAT package is deemed as a living soul."

I don't think I see it this way wotsup. There is no package as Paul seems to distinguish the body as separate in 1 Cor 9:27 "Rather, I discipline my body and bring it under control..."

In Baha'i teaching the body is seen as the source of fleshy desires, and the soul is seen as the source of Godly desires. It is the reason we fast. Not that eating food is bad for us, but so that the act of not eating acts as a reminder to temper our fleshy desires and needs of the body and to "discipline" it as Paul states, so that the Godly attributes of the soul might be enhanced and strengthened.

Here is a link to what the Baha'i Writings say about the human soul:
    https://www.bahai.org/beliefs/life-spirit/human-soul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The soul belongs to God....................and upon death makes its journey back to its Creator and Beloved."

That's not what the following suggests;
    1 Thes 4:16 - For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, the dead in Christ will rise first, meaning that that those who truly recognise the Christ in His Spirit will recognise Baha'u'llah. If you see the fruits of Baha'u'llah's Tree, you will know that it is the same as the fruits of Jesus's Tree. Unfortunately, there are millions who ae not dead in Christ and so do not recognise the Voice of God in Baha'u'llah, and so remain spiritually mortal, but recognition of Baha'u'llah changes this into immortality in the twinkling of the eye. That's why i said to gumunderfoot that I see resurrections every day. It literally is a tangible change in the spirit of a person from spiritual death to spiritual life, from spiritual mortality to spiritual immortality, the perishable soul becomes imperishable.

Kam

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.