"Scripture must interpret scripture" doesn't tell me by...

1. 4,055 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    "Scripture must interpret scripture" doesn't tell me by what authority you are allowed to choose WHICH Scripture you use to interpret scripture, and why is your choice of scripture more authority than gum or zbusc or ppm?

"Seek and ye shall find"
    Nearly every Christian scholar in history has been seeking and "finding". Different understanding to you. What's your authority?

Why is the Comforter and Spirit of truth with you and not with those who don't believe the Father IS the Holy Spirit? What's your authority?

Just because you refuse to be one of the many sheep, why does that make your interpretation right?
    There are many flat earthers who also refuse to be one of the many sheep.

Refusing to conform to standard understanding doesn't make your understanding the truth wotsup. Surely you understand that reasoning right?

When you say "God is Spirit" and in the same breath you say He is here and there, implying that spirit occupies some sort of space.....that is where the lack of insight in the Bible about "spirit" has confused you I feel brother.

Spirit is not a molecular, atomic, fleshy reality. It does not occupy a space.

For a Spirit to have an intimate relationship with someone requires nothing else than for you to consider the nature of prayer. Whrn you pray you can be in outer space where there is nothing that occupies a space. No clouds, no other person with flesh and bones that you can touch, no need for bodies riding out of tombs. It's just a vacuum, just you and the vacuum. God is still with you. And INTIMATELY so.

You are correct in that He dwells in us, not in a cloud. He dwells in all of us and the degree to which our spirit reaps the fruits of His presence by letting go of our desires and greeds and fleshy needs, the more authority we have. You and I have no authority.

Jesus and Baha'u'llah have ALL the authority. Do you see???
    Their lives shows us how much the Spirit of God dwelt with them, and that's why they had authority. You can go to either of their Revelations to get the insight and guidance to your spiritual questions. Jesus didn't say much about what the spirit is, but Baha'u'llah did, so why would you create an almighty table of this means this and that verse means that and then this refers to this and that and convoluted flow charts......why???? It's purely guesswork.

Kam
    Last edited by kambiz999: 26/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.