"So what do you think happens to you when you die wotsup?"First...

1. 23,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "So what do you think happens to you when you die wotsup?"

First up on this matter, it appears logic and commonsense, to at least lay out all the NT verses, that supposedly say or support, that something of us goes to heaven or wherever, after we die.
    LOL, you have work to do.
    That might nip this matter in the bud, in seconds so to speak?
    If they are not there, then that would suggest that many are simply following the tradition of men, creations?

Subject to more investigations, it appears like the overall theme from the Bible is, you sleep until the last day, when Jesus comes.

That may seem like a long time for those that died (sleep) many years ago, but when awoken, it will seem like a twinkle of the eye tongue.png

Many claim an afterlife based on the likes of the following;

John 14:2,3 - In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
    And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
    (That is future context, it would seem).

This could perhaps be talking in a spiritual context, as you should consider that you're in the house of God now.
    Eph 2:6 - and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
    Not to mention, the Kingdom should be in you now as well.

And -> Heb 3:6 - But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

"that where I am, there ye may be also."

We see a similar message to that in the following;
    John 17:24 - Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

He was in the here and now of that time, on earth, so lets see "where I am" appears to mean.
    John 17:16 - They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

This is further defined in the following, when he is speaking to non believing Jews, not like those above.
    John 8:23 - And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

Hence the ones in 17:16 are referenced as from above, heaven, of God.

Rev 21:2, 3 - Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
    (Many say the bride here is the church, but not in my land LOL, or the context they suggest, I won't expand there).

Are you seeing that we're not going up there somewhere in some form, but God is coming to us.
    From my understanding, those that meet Jesus in the clouds (resurrection), continue with him to where he was going = to earth.

The dwelling with them, quite possibly could be in the context of God dwelling in Jesus, as was the case without measure when he was here John 3:34, God being the one Holy Spirit.
    God's end plan is to be all in all and I would suggest this is via his word and Spirit, Jesus was the forerunner, example you might say, hence when he expressed out the Fathers words, he became the express image of God's person. Heb 1:3.

God's word being, effectively being the expression of himself, which came through the man Jesus and the prophets of the OT.
    --------------
    We also see the likes of a verse or verses, to be absent from the body is to be with the Lord and visa versa.
    Many jump on this and suggests it's about death and the soul going to be with the Lord.
    I take this to mean, to be absent from the body, is to put aside the fleshly wants and desires etc, and living in the spirit = God's or his workings through you, you adopting his ways = being with the Lord, "where I am" as quoted above.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.