"Genesis 2:7 - "The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the...

1. 23,346 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "Genesis 2:7 - "The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." This passage suggests that humanity has a breath of life that is not purely physical."

It suggests nothing of a sort, that is your creation, it suggests man received no more than oxygen (breath of life) and come to life, ref as a living soul, living being.
    ----------------
    "Job 32:18 - "For I know that it shall be at last said, 'Behold, this is bitterness: my heritage that I have inherited is grievous to me.' " - The Hebrew word "nephesh" (soul) is used here, which can refer to a person's entire being, including their emotions, thoughts, and spirit."

Not sure what you're quoting from here?????? No soul is even mentioned.
    32:18 - For I am full of words; The spirit within me compels me.

"For I am full of words" = defines the context of the spirit being defined here, simply the thoughts of the person, known as a living soul, the entire person package.
    -----------
    "Psalm 103:1-4 - "Bless the Lord, O my soul! And all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul! And forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy..."

That is simply requesting a blessing for the entire person, the living soul that they are, it is not saying a separate soul to the entire body.
    ------------
    "Ecclesiastes 12:7 - "And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it." This passage uses the Hebrew word "ruach" (spirit), which can refer to a person's breath, wind, or spiritual being."

Spirit being breath, breath of life, which naturally entails oxygen, not a spirit creature of some kind returning to God.
    Just like turning off the power of the computer, is goes to sleep, the power (spirit) returns to the provider (supplier), or is simply remains with the provider, God.
    ---------------
    "Matthew 10:28 - "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." This passage uses the Greek word "psyche" (soul), which can refer to a person's entire being."

Keep in mind, Man Became a living soul, it does say received a soul after coming alive, you simply are a living soul.

Now this one is using the soul in the context of what comes from within the body (soul thoughts) and not the entire being = the living soul, living being = the beliefs and thoughts of that inner person, defined as the soul of them, stored in their memory bank, the brain, the driver for the living soul.

Example -> Luke ch 8 - Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
    Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
    They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

So that would be deemed as someone stealing the inner soul of you, killing it.
    However, if you don't let them steal it or kill it, then the killing of the body is neither here nor there, as you will be raised in the last day, hence the 2nd death will have no victory over you.

Hence the soul aspect there is not independent of the Body.
    ------------------
    Your Heb 12:9 only speaks of the Father of Spirits, is says nothing about us or is referring to us as spirits.
    -------------
    "Luke 23:43 - "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."

I'd suggest to consider this one further, not that I think you will be able to find much on the subject.
    "Don't touch me, I have not yet ascended to the Father"
    Did his spirit have a memory lapse, on that "day" as in "today".
    A following answer on another, in a spiritual context, may answer this.
    ---------------
    "Revelation 6:9-11 - "When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained." This apocalyptic vision depicts the souls of the martyrs existing in a disembodied state prior to the final resurrection."

Revelation is very symbolic and visionary.
    These ones under the alter are said to have asked God the likes of, how long before our vengeance has been addressed.
    Now go back to the OT, the blood of Able crying out from the grave = this could very well be and liking, the same context in the Rev quoted.

Not to mention the likes of -> Eph 2:6 - and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

Hence, these people and neither of us, are literally seated in the heavenly places, could very well be and likely, the same context in Rev, souls under the alter.
    -----------------
    "2 Corinthians 5:8 - "We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord." This verse indicates the soul's ability to exist separately from the physical body after death."

You ppm should know how to address this one, and clearly backed by many Bible passages.
    We are suppose to not live in and according to the body/flesh but in the spirit of God = His ways etc, this is the context of the surrounds to this quote.
    But also in the surrounds, you are also to try and align your bodily aspects as well.
    And if you do the latter here (live God's ways), you are deemed to be with the Lord, as per the Eph 2:6 above etc.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.