Hi Nolm, thanks for the follow up. I can assure you I am not...

1. 7 Posts.
    Hi Nolm, thanks for the follow up. I can assure you I am not confused, I just find it quite a stretch to link the start of the Russia Ukraine war to the West (US/Nat/EU/UK).

Can you explain what you mean by “doubling down” after the annexation of Crimea? From my view, the collective West had essentially accepted Russian annexation if Crimea with some token sanctions on Russia, but not much else.

As for the US bringing nuclear weapons back to Ukraine after removing them in the 90’s I also find quite a stretch. Removing nuclear weapons and related materials from former Soviet countries was a great move for reducing nuclear proliferation and reducing potential nuclear escalation, something I think no one is wanting to undo.

As for Cuba, after the Bay of Pigs fiasco, I doubt the US was interested in another invasion disaster with Cuba related to Cuba hosting nuclear missiles, as they did not invade Cuba after those nuclear missiles were removed. Related to my point above, the US is highly unlikely to give Ukraine nuclear weapons, Russia is invading Ukraine, this I don’t see that great of a link between the two situations.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.