What I see in John 5:26, which I'll show following, is not...

1. 23,055 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    What I see in John 5:26, which I'll show following, is not speaking of the life of Jesus himself, personally as being alive.

John 5.26 says, for as the father has life in himself John 1:4 words of spirit and life.
    So has he given the son words of spirit and life. to have life in himself

John 17:8 - for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.

"the words which You gave Me" -> John 6:63, 68 - It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh (Jesus was flesh) profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
    Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Hence life in himself above and -> 5:24, 25 - Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
    Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.

Spiritually dead in the hear and now and back then. ("now is").

So those passages are all word related as I see it, the life in both of them by their words, rivers of life flowing from them.

"Came forth" -> Isa 55:10, 11 - For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
    So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Words came forth from Yehowah to the angel to Mary.

"You sent Me." -> After his Baptism -> John 17:18 - As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
    More confirmation of the timing of being sent, re after baptism;
    Gal 4:4 - But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

John 17:16 - They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Jesus is now speaking to none believing Jews following;
    John 8:23 - And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

Those ones in 17:16 are also deemed as from above, of heaven, of God, but naturally they didn't come floating down from heaven. wink.png
    ---------------
    As you go on beyond 5:26, that appears to be showing life in himself as in, get up and live???, so to speak when he returns.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.