EOF 23.1% 6.0¢ ecofibre limited

Silly fool

1. 1,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 235
    I have my own views after reading/hearing all this.

It appears there are many layers to this onion.

I wonder if she made any of the below known when getting the job.
    Or did she ask herself, how  honest do I have to be (line 3 number 6)

What about the complaint that EV constantly commented on her dress, then you read that at PEN she was occasionally reprimanded about what she wore in a professional settings (line 3 no. 1) and adding insult to injury she says shes not conforming to anyones expectations but her own. ( lines 5 & 6 no. 1). Hardly a team player. Problematic could be used as a description.  In fact I think it has been. Refer to the complaint doc.

Below are 7 snippets word for word  from interviews in videos, podcasts or magazines

Anyone can easily find them online.

I can really be myself at my current job, and that extends to the way I dress. I’ve always loved fashion, but I used to worry about how I looked sometimes—I have a nose ring, and my style is a little funky. Penn was very much a pumps-and-pearls kind of place, and I would occasionally get reprimanded for what I wore in professional settings. Now I think my unique style is an asset. It projects confidence. I’m dressing more creatively than ever, and it’s fun. Who cares if I have my nose pierced? I’ll earn respect, anyway, and then some—I’m not conforming to anybody’s expectations but my own.

I’m someone with anxiety—I’ve always had it. And when I was younger, whenever I tried smoking weed, it made my anxiety worse. THC can really induce that for me.

Aside from the way Ananda grows their plants, one of the things I like about where I work is that they have given me a lot of opportunities to achieve that I don’t know if I would’ve received in another industry or another organization. The fact that they’re down with me being a nurse practitioner with a doctoral degree is cool, because I don’t think nurse practitioners get enough recognition. And they're funding research that I don't know if any other company is really investing in. I have a really, really long leash and I get to advance the science regardless of whether it helps our bottom line.

As a nurse, you get a lot of feedback from patients, and it can be negative. The criticism I received the most was that I had an “angry” expression on my face.

I CAN REALLY BE MYSELF AT MY CURRENT JOB, and that extends to the way I dress. I’ve always loved fashion, but I used to worry about how I looked sometimes—I have a nose ring, and my style is a little funky. Penn was very much a pumps-and-pearls kind of place, and I would occasionally get reprimanded for what I wore in professional settings. Now I think my unique style is an asset. It projects confidence. I’m dressing more creatively than ever, and it’s fun. Who cares if I have my nose pierced? I’ll earn respect, anyway, and then some—I’m not conforming to anybody’s expectations but my own.

Alex Capano is a nurse practitioner in Philadelphia. Not too long ago, she was filling out a job application and was asked about her current salary. She answered reluctantly.

“Do they check up on this?” she wondered. “How honest do I have to be? Am I setting myself up for a low-ball offer?”

She got that job offer, but the salary seemed low, so she turned it down.

The question Capano was asked is just the kind of employer query that a new law in Philadelphia, scheduled to go into effect in May, is designed to stop. It bars companies from asking potential hires about their past salaries in an effort to close the pay gap between what men and women make for the same work. In Pennsylvania, according to federal statistics, women make on average about 79 cents for every dollar a man earns.

“If a woman, or a minority, or really anyone, goes into a job early in their career with a low income, that low income is going to follow them place to place if they have to continue to disclose what they earned,” said Marianne Bellesorte, vice president for advocacy with the anti-poverty group PathWays.

There is a bill pending in the Pennsylvania Legislature aimed at killing the salary-history law, so surviving that challenge might be its first hurdle. But if the law takes effect, companies would face a $2,000 fine per violation for asking a salary history question.

Rob Wonderling, president and CEO of the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, said there’s no guarantee that forbidding companies from asking salary history questions is going to work. He also is worried companies will decide to open shop elsewhere.

“We heard quite a bit about what I’ll describe as the ‘hassle factor,’” Wonderling said.

Peter Cappelli, director of the Wharton School’s Center for Human Resources, doesn’t buy the argument that the new law will be burden on employers. But he’s skeptical it will prompt businesses to raise salary offers. In fact, he said there might even be some unintended consequences.

“This is one of the problems when you deny information that they want, is that they guess. And in this case, the guesses might make things worse,” Cappelli said.

Sure, said Capano the nurse. But if the guess is too low, would-be hires, especially women, can always reject it. “Women aren’t told to or taught to negotiate as well as their male counterparts and are often feeling like they have to accept the first offer that comes their way,” she said

“I used to refill my benzo subscription that I also got in grad school”.

S
    illy silly

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EOF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
-0.018(23.1%)
Mkt cap ! $22.73M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.8¢ 6.8¢ 6.0¢ $74.88K 1.200M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3145 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.1¢ 16293 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.4¢
  Change
-0.018 ( 15.8 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.1¢ 6.4¢ 6.1¢ 193615
Last updated 14.21pm 11/06/2024 ?
EOF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.