I started this thread with Sinéad O'Connor's song "Nothing...

1. 3,224 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I started this thread with Sinéad O'Connor's song "Nothing Compares 2 U" which was removed.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5464/5464809-05cfed3c7860fcc3dd62f5008dae1527.jpg

Sadly, Sinéad O'Connor passed way on 26/07/2023. She was an Irish singer-songwriter who gained international fame in the late 1980s and 1990s. She was born on December 8, 1966, in Glenageary, County Dublin, Ireland. O'Connor was known for her powerful and emotive voice, as well as her socially and politically conscious lyrics.

Her breakthrough came with the release of her second album, "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got," in 1990. The album featured her iconic cover of Prince's song "Nothing Compares 2 U," which became a massive worldwide hit and remains one of her most recognizable songs to this day. The emotional video for the song, with O'Connor shedding a single tear, also contributed to its impact and popularity.

Sinéad O'Connor's music often explored personal struggles, social issues, and themes of love, loss, and spiritual exploration. She has been known for her outspoken nature and activism, advocating for various causes, including human rights, women's rights, and issues related to the Catholic Church in Ireland.

Throughout her career, O'Connor released several albums, including "The Lion and the Cobra" (1987), "Am I Not Your Girl?" (1992), "Universal Mother" (1994), and "Faith and Courage" (2000), among others. She continued to experiment with different musical styles, incorporating elements of rock, pop, folk, and traditional Irish music.

O'Connor's career has not been without controversy. In 1992, she famously ripped a photograph of Pope John Paul II during a Saturday Night Live appearance as a protest against the Catholic Church's stance on various issues. This action sparked a considerable backlash, but it also solidified her reputation as an artist who speaks her mind fearlessly.

Over the years, Sinéad O'Connor's personal life and struggles have also made headlines, drawing attention to mental health issues and the challenges faced by public figures in the music industry. Despite the ups and downs in her career and personal life, Sinéad O'Connor remained a highly respected and influential artist in the music world. Her voice, unique style, and courageous spirit have left a lasting impact on music and social activism.

RIP

=================================================================================================

U2 - Kite (2000)
    "Kite" is a heartfelt and emotionally charged song which reflects the complex emotions surrounding the loss of a loved one and the struggle to say goodbye.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.