DRO 2.25% 91.0¢ droneshield limited

Points made by OPWorst capital raise ever - Blatantly false and...

1. 492 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 238
    Points made by OP
    1. Worst capital raise ever - Blatantly false and emotional. There are no points raised in the entire thread that support this. A terrible capital raise is doing so when our SP is at rock bottom like we did @ 10c many years ago (2020 i think). Our capital raise last year was arguably worse as it was (a) more dilutive and (b) at a much lower price. The board is capitalising on large demand for DRO shares and this raise is positive for LTH. It's bad for STH as your now required to hold the shares for longer and possible at a loss until you see profits again. For me as a LTH im annoyed but im not really phased by it. Instead i take away the positives of VERY high demand from Instos which is new for us as of 2024. Historically Instos have held, with some making a killing (Bergen) and others getting killed (Regal). Having institutional investment return at a material level is positive for us from a SP perspective but also from a capital raise perspective.
    2. Extreme dilution - Less dilutive than our capital raise last year. All capital raises are dilutive. Investors have a track record to call on with how Oleg runs things. Other companies raise this type of funds through debt, but for some reason we do capital raises. My view is that banks wont lend to people who sell guns, even if they're non-kinetic. As such Oleg has limited options for captial. He is clearly borrowing (diluting) to GROW the business faster than we would otherwise organically do. Last years performance justified his capital raise then. I suspect this year will be the same. The dilutive impact to my holding is a short term paper loss, with the expectation we strike while the iron is hot and yield a greater growth rate. I am supportive of this approach.
    3. Retail investors hold the majority of DRO stock - Factually true. It would have been better for more of the money to come from retail but the truth is we're very close to the capital raise price now anyway and likely to get closer. The benefit of the placement is the funds get to DRO accounts much faster and I understand Oleg choosing this option. It was the better one for the company.
    4. Oleg is unphased by this dilution BECAUSE he sold his stock - He holds options worth 15m in shares that vest when we hit $200m in revenue or in the event of a takeover. I would assume this capital raise will help us to hit that sooner so you could attack it for that reason however, it is still dilutive to the value of those 15m shares. He wasn't phased by a 30% capital raise in 2023 when he held shares so i doubt he's phased this time. My point back on this is "so what?" is he acting in the best interest of the company or not?
    5. Potentially this is insider trading - It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt. Everytime i see a poster say something like this I laugh and cringe. "pOssiBly iNsiDeR tRaDiNg!".
    6. Issuance is deliberately capped to let instos pilfer holders money - Yes this is a conspiracy by Oleg, to transfer gains from retail holders to dirty evil institutional and sophisticated investors!!
    7. Discount is too large - Possibly, but we've returned to 83c as of close on Friday so i'd argue the $1.10+ we were trading at was excessive especially given then overall market sell down. Friend of mine sold a huge chunk at $1.10 on that basis and he's been handsomely rewarded (aka he got lucky) but ive held the whole amount selling only a fraction at 96 and 91c.
    8. Lodged a complaint about misconduct - Interesting, what exactly is the misconduct? Doing a capital raise at below your purchase price? Boo Hoo. Its the market. Focus on facts not feelings.

Can't believe i just spent time writing the above out but hopefully its helpful.

In closing - Captial Raise BAD for Short Term Speculative trading.
    Captial Raise potentially very good for Long Term growth "strike while the Irons hot"

If you don't like management, complain to them about what you want them to do differently and then based on their response either leave.
    Up 170% YTD and people are crying like a murders happened... smh.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
91.0¢
Change
0.020(2.25%)
Mkt cap ! $616.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
90.0¢ 92.0¢ 87.5¢ $4.937M 5.510M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 131360 90.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
91.0¢ 12925 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.19pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
91.0¢
  Change
0.020 ( 2.35 %)
Open High Low Volume
89.0¢ 92.0¢ 87.5¢ 1823280
Last updated 13.37pm 08/05/2024 ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.