Tim Flannery, page-50

1. 351 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Welkin31, I sincerely apologise. I am flabbergasted that so much money was wasted but I bet most of the money found it's way into various pockets and was not genuinely used to advance geothermal. I am now starting to think that this extra-ordinary waste of money was part of a broader plan to destroy geothermal (the method, and the company) so it would not compete with “renewables”. I have an interest in geothermal that pre-dates the company by many years. From my previous post it sounds as if I am a defender or supporter of Flannery. Nothing could be further from the truth, I despise him. I once met a school mate of Flannery who claimed that Flannery was innumerate and could not get into a science faculty. Flannery gained a B.A. In English literature and then apparently managed to do a M.Sc in earth sciences, apparently without ever having passed any science or maths exams even at high school level. As for the PhD in mammology, this isn't science, it is what Rutherford (the Nobel Prize winner) called “stamp collecting”. As for the MSc in earth science, unfortunately that could also be “stamp collecting”. From my experience most geologists seem to be wannabe scientists who could not do hard science (physics, chemistry and maths) who are often borderline innumerate. “In 1985, Flannery earned a doctorate at the University of New South Wales for his work on the evolution of macropods. Prior to this, he completed a bachelors degree at La Trobe University and a masters degree in earth sciences at Monash University.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.