At current market prices ~US$128 per t do the sums - the...

1. 7,121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    At current market prices ~US$128 per t do the sums - the US$10.3mill is "postage stamp" money the way Canberra blows money around.
    It is clearly not in our interests to see Russia strengthening their position in Eastern Ukr.
    Helping the Ukr's out with this request is the least we can do added to other help we do such as basic infantry training in the UK.
    If I was in power in Canberra I would direct that $20Mill was set aside and experts find out now where some of the 80,000 tons of suitable coal might be sourced most rapidly for Ukr. Plus there may be a parcel of shipments from Oz which would take longer.
    News about global warming in the current Northern winter means coal might be in tight demand in some regions.
    Did I see - https://www.cbsnews.com › news › freezing-weather-united-states-deaths-cold-continuesU.S. sees over 90 weather-related deaths as dangerous cold continues3 days ago
    U.S. sees over 80 weather-related deaths as dangerous cold continues. There have been 81 confirmed weather-related fatalities linked to the past week's winter weather, according to a CBS News ...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.