DG,Appreciate your comments re the downward pointing forks and...

1. 4,136 Posts.
    DG,

Appreciate your comments re the downward pointing forks and their usefulness.

At this stage of my learning I am throwing forks on everything to see how reliable they are. I am not game at this stage to start trading off any of them from a pure TA view on a regular basis. My initial reason for trying my hand at TA was to pick exit points for stocks I hold as I have let profits become losses too many times. I have used them twice for an entry trade on stocks i already hold where I am also aware of the FA. At the moment, it is too early to say if those moves have been successful.

I think you are spot on there about one line being traded. The more charts I do, I notice the quicker I get at finding where that has been in the past and where it might be down the track.

Also a lot of the time, it also seems the charts can be self fulfilling with for example a lot of money waiting for a test of a fib level before entering a stock. The trick is as you said to see what other people are seeing and trying to capitalize. After the past two weeks where I started to chart, I relised that I have been flying blind in the market for the past two years and any money I have made has been through luck more than judgement.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.