It seems to me that there are some competing and contradicting...

1. 225 Posts.
    It seems to me that there are some competing and contradicting narratives out there in the land of religion...
    Excuse my ignorance, if I don't get it right but:

My understanding is that the original Jews didn't have their country as thousands of years ago countries simply didn't exist anywhere in the world yet, people lived in tribes, instead.

So there was no Israel as such. As an organised entity with some necessary structure.

Also, is it fair to say that all original Jews were dark-skinned (not necessarily black) back then as that was, and still is, the skin colour of inhabitants in that part of the world?

If this is true then this would imply that all non-dark-skinned followers of Judaism today who call themselsves Jews, must have, either:

(1) themselves or their ancestors converted to Judaism

OR

(2) their skin colour has changed from dark to white or white-ish today because dark-skinned Jewish women were marrying white-skinned non-Jewish men - their offsprings inherited their Jewish religion that way. And their skin colour, over many generations and intermarriages, became pale?

Last edited by puntah: 27/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.