"What he’s doing by making the above-quoted statement is saying...

1. 42,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "What he’s doing by making the above-quoted statement is saying Israel should not exist….". ..... I recognise your need to find confirmation of your belief in my post in order to discredit me, but you've distorted my intended meaning.

as I've previously written I've long been a strong supporter of Israel and of the right to exist. but the facts of the functioning of the state have changed under Netanyahu. Israel has become a very skilled aggressor and manipulator of truth, just as you manipulate my words.

when facts change to the extent they have wrt Israel over the last 20 years, opinions too will change. supporters like me are shocked. the horror that is being committed in Gaza goes way too far. had Israel done as previous practices have gone, surgical strikes with minimal collateral harm, Israel could have explained their response as valid and legal and acceptable. but they have gone 20 x too far and Israel stands condemned for this atrocity.

moreover they have destroyed any possibility of a two-state solution. Netanyahu has not merely damaged his own standing, but that of Israel itself.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.