over the afternoon in between doing useful stuff and amusing...

1. 17,432 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    over the afternoon in between doing useful stuff and amusing myself with the potato I have reflected further on some of the debate and my own position. This reflection was triggered in part by my friend who dislikes facts and is regularly illogical and impractical in pursuit of her ideals

while I thought the creation of Israel was always likely to be a problem I also understand why it seemed to be a good solution. I also think that trying to rewrite history as so many try to do, is senseless. It’s done and the best thing that could happen is for the Palestinians and Hamas in particular to try to engage with peace, to drop their desire to destroy Israel and to back off terrorism.

I cannot understand why people have conveniently rewritten history and forgotten decades of terrorism.

and this - sounds familiar but it’s from 2016

A Hamas official said on Monday that the Islamist terror group will not negotiate the release of Israeli soldiers and civilians until the its preconditions are met, casting doubt on the efficacy of a promise by Ankara to work toward freeing them at Israel’s behest.

As part of the rapprochement deal announced on Monday between Israel and Turkey, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Ankara has promised to help return two soldiers whose bodies are believed to be held by Hamas, and two Israelis thought to be in the captivity of the terrorist group.A senior Israeli official said Sunday that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had personally written a letter committing to helping free them.Hamas official Ismail Radwan, speaking in front of the Red Cross headquarters in the Gaza Strip, said the group would not negotiate the release of Israelis until all of the “Shalit prisoners” are freed, the Palestinian news site Quds Press reported.In 2011, kidnapped Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit was released in exchange for 1,027 Palestinian detainees. Israel rearrested some of those released in the deal in the summer of 2014 during a search for three Israeli teenagers who were kidnapped and, it later emerged, killed by a Hamas cell.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.