Another example of disrespect to ANZAC Day is looming.With ANZAC...

1. 7,009 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6067/6067861-230e07b2f9ca1a9991400481c6aeb294.jpg

Another example of disrespect to ANZAC Day is looming.
    With ANZAC Day getting closer - I wanted to mention here how at a NSW RSL branch property - leased I assume by the restaurant biz "ExServices" - the Aussie flag has been disrespected by being flown way down from the flagpole top and actually brushing against the building.
    I first noticed this late last year and in Jan I went in to the restaurant and asked at the till for the manager.
    A helpful lady emerged and came outside to view the flag lying limp against the building not many metres away.
    I mentioned the Commonwealth PMC Dept instructions about flying the flag at top of pole.
    She saw the point immediately and agreed the flag should be at pole-top which was well clear of the building.
    I left thinking the issue had been solved - but not so -
    in subsequent weeks as I passed on way to routine shopping the flag position too low and brushing the building never changed.
    I have been in touch with RSL and a guy said on ph "the restaurant is run by a separate org to RSL and they have been asked to fix the flag"
    I have tried to erase the place name on my picture which was taken on 17th Mar and I have others since then -

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.