COB 2.11% 9.3¢ cobalt blue holdings limited

Self assessment or external government regulation ? The former...

1. 491 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    Self assessment or external government regulation ? The former will see perfunctory compliance unless penalties . A supply chain certification is not to my knowledge mandated
    If my memory is correct prior system relating to US imports and tariffs from countries under trade restrictions relied on self assessment which allowed goods from say Russia to pass through a friendly country say Mexico and get cleansed before entering US ,avoiding exclusion .or tariffs . There was another system for assembled goods which fixed a complicated % method of tariff imposition ..Both resulted in a loose observance of embargo
    IMO the miners/manfacturers will falsely certify or hide control , the corporate veil will never be penetrated allowing FEOC corporations to avoid restrictions
    Nevertheless Joes COB ESG policy (environmental , social, governance ) and Corporate structure sets COB apart from Cobalt mined in DRC and processed in PRC. Litigation in the UK against LME (which I understand is owned in part by Chinese interests) asserting that minerals sold by LME fail to comply with various EU regs on ESG issues, may also bolster COB ESG positioning. In general.EU corporate policy also reflects the necessity to ensure "green' compliance.( see also French car manufacturers policy statements on greening )
    With many other additional factors in play internationally, and AU/WA govt apparent willingness to foster companies such as COB suggests that despite price pressure on cobalt( influenced solely IMO by the PRC and other Co carpetbaggers) ,that COB will be successful . Go JOE Go M King MP

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.3¢
Change
-0.002(2.11%)
Mkt cap ! $39.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.4¢ 9.5¢ 9.2¢ $30.14K 325.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 87592 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.3¢ 27820 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
9.2¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 2.13 %)
Open High Low Volume
9.4¢ 9.5¢ 9.2¢ 132181
Last updated 15.32pm 17/05/2024 ?
COB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.