However, I'm keen to understand what you think is the difference...

1. 5,346 Posts.
    However, I'm keen to understand what you think is the difference between "fleshy" and "physical"?

I'll put in my two bob's worth

In 1 Corinthians 15:53, there is a distinction made between the "fleshy" and the "physical" (or "corruptible" and "incorruptible" in some translations) bodies.

The term "fleshy" typically refers to something related to the flesh or the physical body in a temporal, earthly sense. In this context, it may suggest a body that is subject to decay, imperfection, and mortality. It is often associated with our current mortal state, marked by weakness, sin, and vulnerability to death.

On the other hand, the term "physical" or "incorruptible" refers to something that is imperishable, immortal, and transformed. In the context of 1 Corinthians 15:53, it specifically refers to the glorified, resurrected body that believers will receive in the future. This transformed body will be free from decay, sin, and death, and will be fit for eternal life in the presence of God.

1 Corinthians 15:53, the comparison between the "fleshy" and the "physical" bodies highlights the transformation and glorification that will take place in the resurrection. Believers will be raised in a new, incorruptible body that is no longer subject to the weaknesses and limitations of their current physical, fleshy bodies.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.