Comments from...

1. 849 Posts.
    Comments from Tendar:
    https://x.com/Tendar/status/1784990701484199950

If you combine both data streams I have showed in the previous posts then it means that Russia loses up to 45 pieces of hardware a day (destroyed and damaged) to gain 0.7 square meters a day.

To put things into perspective I have added this map. There are still around 10,700 square kilometers of the free Donetsk Region, which are under Ukrainian control. If we round this up to 1.0 square kilometer, which Russians take a day, then it will take them 10,700 days (29,3 Years) to only take this single Ukrainian region, of course if things stay this way.

That are pure numbers and they illustrate vividly what is the difference between a tactical or incremental gain compared to a strategic break through. Russia has undoubtedly the upper hand, at least currently, and there is always the risk for a dramatic change. But it is not here. Instead, even this decisive advantage for the Russian side has not materialized in a noteworthy fashion on the battlefield. What Russia does is pure burning down of men and material in exchange for tiny strips on a map.

This is why Russia and its lesser minions continue to obstruct all help for Ukraine. Russia cannot sustain a prolonged war, especially when Ukraine is continuously supplied. Moscow cannot even properly exploit the current situation. Ukrainians are doing near superhuman things to keep that onslaught at bay, but even the best army and the best morale cannot fight without weapons and ammunition.

The incoming supplies are not far away, but it is necessary to avoid any repeat of what happened in the last 7 months. Moreover, it is necessary to learn from the shortcomings of last summer, when Ukraine got only a fraction of material what was promised, though still caused immense havoc among Russian ranks.

This is where I primarily see Europe's responsibility and that has to be the primary agenda of all major European capitals for as long as Russia hasn't been defeated. It is still in our hands to make this happen.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6134/6134192-2def44274def789286875b7c1e3e35fa.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.